Stage Manager role
at Emu Heights Productions Penrith, NSW
Emu Heights Productions is a theatre production company based in Penrith. The company was established in 2010 to promote access for students in the Western Sydney region to professional, high quality theatrical productions.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Stage Manager to oversee two productions for our 2012 program in Penrith.
Anticipated start and end dates:
Production #1: “The Shoe-Horn Sonata” by John Misto
Design complete Mon 12th March 2012
Rehearsals begin w/c Mon 26th March 2012, Thursdays and Fridays (plus Saturdays in the final weeks before Production)
Performance week 5th – 8th June 2012
Production #2: “Hamlet” by William Shakespeare, adapted by Emu Heights Productions
Design complete Mon 27th August 2012
Rehearsals begin w/c Mon 10th September 2012, Thursdays and Fridays (plus Saturdays in the final weeks before Production)
Performance week 13th – 16th November 2012
Role – Stage Manager 2012 Program
- Work closely with the Producers, Director, Cast and Production Manager to deliver the productions
- Management of Director, Cast and relevant company members for all Rehearsals
- Management of Workplace Health & Safety, set, props and costume throughout Rehearsal period
- Work with Designers and Production Manager to source props within budget
- Develop and communicate a Production Week schedule both productions
- Manage the company to meet all Production Week requirements, including Bump-In, Rehearsals, Performances and Bump-Out
- Ensure excellent communication and relationship building between all people within the company
- Ensure excellent communication and relationship building with venue staff, contractors, delivery companies, transportation and external contacts
- Reports to the Producers
- Previous theatre stage/production management
- Schedule creation and implementation
- Excellent communication and personnel management skills
- Proven ability to work under time constraints
- Proactive problem solver
- Passionate about developing performing arts in Western Sydney
- Own car is desired but not required.
Payment will be a profit share agreement with company members.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th Feb 2012, including:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Contact details for 2 referees.
Producer, Emu Heights Productions
Recent jobs at Emu Heights Productions