Sound Designer for "Hamlet"
at Emu Heights Productions Penrith, NSW
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Sound Designer to design, develop and implement the soundscape for our production of “Hamlet” as part of our 2012 program at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, Penrith. We are proud to present this bold new adaptation drawing on the traditions of Film Noir and the demise of the Weimar Republic.
This is a paid position, based on a contracted profit share determined by a company agreed budget and net share of Box Office returns.
“Hamlet” by William Shakespeare, adapted by Emu Heights Productions
Anticipated start and end dates:
Rehearsals begin w/c Mon 3rd September 2012
Sign-off soundscape and score 12th October 2012
Performance week 13th – 17th November 2012
Role – Sound Designer
• To work closely with the Producers, Director, Assistant Director, Musical Composer and Director, Production Manager, Stage Manager and Cast
• Follows the lead of the Musical Composer and Director in composing the soundscape for the production, based on the Director’s Design Brief
• Develops the soundscape in rehearsal with the Musical Composer & Director, Director, Assistant Director, and Cast
• Manages own time to meet schedule deadlines and budget for design, production and rehearsals in conjunction with the Production Manager
• Ensure and develop excellent communication between all people within the company and with external contacts on behalf of Emu Heights Productions
• Reports to the Producers
• Previous soundscape design and rehearsal work with live performance. Experience in Theatre is desirable but not a pre-requisite.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven time-management skills / ability to work under time constraints
• Proactive and autonomous problem solver
• Passionate about the arts and supporting student’s education
• Passionate about developing performing arts in Western Sydney
Send your application to email@example.com, including:
• A cover letter
• Your CV
• Samples of previous schedules and work (by weblink or file attachment of no more than 1Mb)
• Contact details for 2 referees.
Closing date: 24th August 2012
An interview will follow for applicants meeting the criteria.
Ian Zammit and Michele Zammit
Producers, Emu Heights Productions
For further information on what Emu Heights Productions provides for arts and education in Western Sydney see www.emuheightsproductions.com.au
Recent jobs at Emu Heights Productions