Head of Wardrobe
Employer: Dragone Macau Limited
Work Type: Full-time
Job posted on: Saturday 22 December 2018
1. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• To head a wardrobe team and organize the daily operations of this team as a wardrobe department for a large scale show.
• To lead the wardrobe department in the organization and maintenance of costumes and accessories; including hats, shoes, masks, wigs and makeup for a large scale show.
• To respect the artistic integrity of the costume designs for the show, working with the costume design team and other artistic departments in collaboration with all departments to operate a long term show.
• To calmly direct and organize people; and to cope under pressure while respecting schedules and deadlines.
• Manage and direct a wardrobe department with regards to staffing and staff performance.
• Supervise a wardrobe team in the development of the show; during load in, creation, and/or during any changes to the show.
• Document the creation of all necessary wardrobe cues, changes, and organizational placement of all costume items.
• Create and evolve training and backup plans for all personnel in the department, coordinating these backup plans with other departments and stage management as necessary.
• Direct the integration of new costume items into the production; assist with promotional events and photo shoots as needed.
• Adhere to and enforce safety policies.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Maintain and update all wardrobe records.
• Create and manage wardrobe budgets for capital expenditures in conjunction with the Production Manager.
• During all operations, direct maintenance and costume fitting etc. including the development of repair and cleaning procedures.
• Maintain a costume plot and any relevant documentation.
• Create schedules for all maintenance activities and training plans.
• Coordinate with other departments, artistic director, production manager, and stage management for the scheduling and running of performances and rehearsals.
• Within the entire artistic team, evolve safety programs.
• With the artistic team; establish emergency procedures for show systems, and personnel safety and rescue. Ensure the wardrobe team is trained and rehearsed in these procedures.
• Work with creation and artistic departments regarding changes, development and evolution of the show.
• Purchase all follow up items, create replacements as necessary, while maintaining and documenting inventory for the continuous operation of the show.
• Communicate with the Dragone Costume Atelier and vendors for costume replacement.
• Manage and direct the Wardrobe Department while maintaining overview with the show performance and organization.
• Maintain a pro-active approach to problem solving and solutions for the department.
• Must be calm and keep organized under pressure and deadlines.
2. Qualifications :
• College or technical diploma in related field.
• Degree in related field.
• 5 to 7 Years experience in a leadership position in a theatrical wardrobe.
• Solid background in show operations with knowledge of costume care and maintenance.
• Must be able to support the direction and organization of people calmly while respecting schedules and deadlines.
• Knowledge of MS Windows, and MS Office.
• SCUBA knowledge is an asset but not essential.
• Fluency in English (Written/Spoken) is essential.
About Dragone Macau Limited
Contact website: http://jobs.dragone.com